Swiss neo-bank founded in 2014, Pintail is developing a mobile banking platform for underbanked communities and migrants. The goal is to make mobile banking easy and accessible to facilitate cash transfers and reduce bank fees.
- a solid financial base (13 million euros of investment already made), with a fundraising including in particular the Helvetic Confederation, the bank Vontobel, the Swiss Re reinsurance group, etc.
- all licenses necessary for its activity (including an electronic cash license).
- solid institutional support (World Bank, International Organization for Migration (IOM), UN, etc.) allowing it to disseminate its solution.
- a network extended partners in France and Morocco for its cash deposit and withdrawal operations allowing it to network the territory (10,000 tobacconists, 1,300 Cash Plus branches, etc.).
Pintail is seeking to diversify its financing, particularly with French players, the launch site of its activity, for its first France-Morocco corridor, followed by other Maghreb countries.
- 250 million migrants worldwide with several family members living in their countries of origin
- 5 billion people with mobile phones
- 2.8 billion banked people
- more than $ 600 billion in remittances in 2018, including more than $ 400 billion for developing countries
And yet, no money transfer offer is really suitable for migrants.
The bank of the unbanked is the "last frontier" of society.
The first application of Pintail consists of a connected wallet, available on smartphone and multilingual (including Arabic), provides a great simplicity of execution of money transfers, without the need for bank account and at unbeatable rates. It is a form of Western Union dematerialized, accessible instantly and available 24/24 and 7/7.
Transfers are done entirely via the Pintail application. Both the sender and the receiver must install the Pintail app on their phone, and each create an account through the Pintail app available on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.
It is the only player among all its competitors to address migrants by offering unique services on the market:
- instantaneous supply of the account in France via cash in Euros in a relay point partner (10 000 tobacconists in France, to begin),
- withdrawal of cash, without a credit card, in Morocco and in Dirham at an extremely favorable exchange rate, in a relay point partner (1,300 agencies Cash Plus in Morocco, to begin),
- instantaneity of operations,
- currency management,
- transfers and dematerialized transfers,
- monitoring accounts, etc.
In the near future, the service will also make it possible to buy in many stores of all kinds, to pay bills, etc.
The company is in the launch phase. The planned incomes (full scope) are:
- 2020: 47 M Euros,
- 2021: 100 M Euros,
- 2022: 180 M euros and EBITDA of 100 M euros.
The model is based on 5 sources of income:
1) Banking fees and annual fees.
2) Commissions on banking and insurance products.
3) The ecosystem of retail.
5) Integration with other systems.